Iceland Part 3
I know you may be surprised to see an update on the Iceland trip pictures, I have been on a blogging hiatus lately. Sorry for the delay in posting these.
We pick up the trip here with a small day tip outside of Reykjavik. This first picture seemed to me the be the loneliest place to live ever. There is nothing but the ocean near by.
This is a small church and cemetery near the ocean. You can see the moss has found a home in the carving in the stone.
Jon Arni knew of this ship which ran aground and there is some debate as to who is going to move it. So as it is the ship is stuck and does not appear to be moving anytime soon.
This is the town map which list most everything there is to see and do.
Just guessing I would say there are about 500 people who lived here.
Naturally we had to have lunch so we stopped in here, The Five Fish Restaurant. It was easy deciding what to order, you got what they were serving, it was a great meal of soup and fish. Everybody who was eating lunch were manual labor guys and all seemed to be locals. I think they knew I was not from there. These guys had been working all morning so they were fairly dirty so everybody took off their shoes at the door and so we were all walking around in socks.
They also had this very progressive church here. I was amazed, it is very dominating piece of the serene.
And this boat was in the local junk yard. I thought it made for a few good pictures. It was surrounded by piles of scallop shells.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home