Iceland 2007 - part 1
then naturally a car ride
after all this hard work we got a little hungry so we headed to the
Red House.
(Where I possibly ate the best lobster in the world.)
Actually this is not how the trip began but it sounded good. Actually my first day was a full agenda. I ran around with Jon Arni making sure all the kids were up. It was great meeting my new little nephew, Jon Thomas. He really is a man on the move these days. We then went home to momma and pabbi to get pabbi out of bed and have some breakfast. I remembered how much I love grav lax (salmon with dill) and pate for breakfast. I really could eat these two things every day, and actually did while I was there. We then went on to Astas for some coffee and to meet my new niece. She was not so much on the move these days, mainly sleeping and trying to catch up with Jon Thomas. I am sure it wont be too long before Asta will have her hands full. This was all followed up by a trip to the pool. Which for some reason I did not take any pictures of the new pool and gym. The positive economy has really modernized the entire city and the pools were not excluded. The pool itself is actually the same besides the addition of a saltwater hot tub, the real improvement was the addition of a very nice fitness center and spa.
http://www.laugarspa.is/e_Default.aspx
the best I can do is to put up a link to the pool and new gym. The evening ended with pabbi's birthday dinner at the house with the entire family. Once again I didn't take any pictures but it was a excellent ham dinner (one of my favorite dishes in the world- Hamburgerrikkur, right?) filled with lots of laughter. This was a wonderful way to begin the trip.
I am going to try to organize this post in several post based on whatever the theme of the day or event was. I will try to get these up as soon as possible. Please just have a little patience with me. I will e-mail everybody as I update the blog. I was so glad I went. It was definately too long between trips and I hope it will not be as long before the next trip.
Thank you to my Icelandic family for such a wonderful trip.
I love you all very much

2 Comments:
Thordis Una says she already misses her big uncle. Next time you come for a visit she will have you running after her making sure she doesn't brake anything. No need to go to the gym !
Great having you over, wish we could have spent more time together,but next time.
Hi there oncle T. It was great having you over. I finaly found your blog. Jóhann Tómas is keeping everyone in great shape the new baby is due any day now.
Post a Comment
<< Home